Acting independently under consultative direction, responsible for managing all aspects of diverse, moderately complex projects, including project planning, prioritization, execution, timing, functionality, quality and cost within an assigned division or business unit ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments, and goals. Under general direction, Project Manager is accountable for anticipating risks, escalating risks, resolving barriers in order to drive project success. Responsibilities also include analysis and evaluation of business objectives and the development of solutions to meet business requirements. May act as the primary interface been business until end-users and systems.
1. Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports. Establishes project resource assignments and ensures all parties involved in project have a representative present if needed in project meetings. Creates project evaluations and assessments of results.
2. Acts as a single point of contact for project stakeholders and resources across relevant internal departments. Maintains accountability for the overall success of the project from original conceptualization through final implementation.
3. Creates project meeting agendas, tracks project status and performs related analyses. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables. Monitors the project team to ensure project accountabilities and deliverables are met on time and within budget.
4. Identifies, measures and prioritizes project risks. Develops action plans to mitigate high priority risks. Utilizes expertise and leadership skills in resolving issues to ensure project goals and requirements are met.
5. Clarifies project goals and deliverables with stakeholders, sets priorities and enforces standards and procedures.
6. Develops lines of communication that keep team members informed. Acts as liaison between team members, customers, company departments, and outside contractors. Creates a system of reports and monitoring to track progress and identify problems. Leads the effort to find solutions that keep project on track and within budget. Implements and manages project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs. Must be comfortable escalating and communicating challenging issues that jeopardize project success professionally and without bias.
7. Determine information systems and/or process solutions to address business needs and develop methods for implementation
8. Participate in change Mgmt and process improvement initiatives as well as provide recommendations o improve/enhances existing procedures and controls
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills.
At Great-West Financial® and Empower Retirement, our more than 5,700 global associates are dedicated to helping customers secure their financial futures. We offer a range of retirement savings products, life insurance, annuities and investment services from offices across the country. If you’re interested in joining a company that enjoys a record of strong performance and is rich in history yet innovative, bold and transformative, then our organization is an outstanding place for you to grow and succeed. We’re an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. We’re also committed to providing a drug-free workplace.
Software Powered by iCIMS