The senior manager of financial reporting is a Head of Financial Reporting role. This role oversees the preparation of the US GAAP and audited Statutory financial statements as well as the preparation of certain financial information prepared on IFRS for the Canadian parent company.
This individual manages staff responsible for the preparation, analysis and review of 11 stand-alone financial statements in accordance with US GAAP, IFRS and US Insurance Statutory Accounting standards. The stand-alone financial statements are prepared for 2 Insurance companies that file US GAAP financial statements with the SEC, the parent holding company, a special purpose reinsurance captive, a recordkeeping entity, a FINRA registered broker-dealer, a capital management company, an investment advisor and a trust company. Assists with preparation of board and audit committee materials for each of the previously listed entities and leads the coordination of their external financial statement audits.
1. Manages the design and review of SEC and/or US Statutory filings including Forms 10-K and 10-Q, Registration Statements, Proxy Statements, and filings to other regulatory agencies. Works closely with Investment Operations, Internal Reporting, Actuarial Valuations and/or other groups to ensure the timely and accurate completion of key activities associated with the company s regulatory reporting processes.
2. Manages staff responsible for the preparation, analysis and review of financial statements in accordance with US GAAP, IFRS and US Statutory Accounting standards.
3. Manages aspects of the coordination of audit and review processes. Works closely with internal and external auditors.
4. Manages the design and implementation of SOX controls pertaining to financial reporting processes under the guidance of the Financial Process and Controls team. Maintains an effective control environment through the mitigation and remediation of SOX compliance issues.
5. Ensures department stays abreast of any new products (defined contribution, life insurance, investment, or other) issued by the company and/or new/changing investment areas for the company s general accounts. Ensures proper disclosure for said products. Implements new disclosures in the financial statements as result of new accounting guidance in partnership with the Technical Accounting Department. Stays abreast of all financial reporting and compliance regulatory changes that may impact the business.
6. Performs duties inherent in a managerial role. Conducts performance reviews, approves requests for vacation/PAL, and manages performance issues. Trains, coaches, mentors and directs the work of direct reports.
Normal Office Working Conditions During critical reporting periods overtime is expected (including weekends, evenings and holidays).
At Great-West Financial® and Empower Retirement, our more than 5,700 global associates are dedicated to helping customers secure their financial futures. We offer a range of retirement savings products, life insurance, annuities and investment services from offices across the country. If you’re interested in joining a company that enjoys a record of strong performance and is rich in history yet innovative, bold and transformative, then our organization is an outstanding place for you to grow and succeed. We’re an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. We’re also committed to providing a drug-free workplace.
Software Powered by iCIMS