Would you like to be a part of one of America's leading financial services firms? Great-West Financial is the nation’s second largest insurer in sales of individual life insurance through banks. We also offer annuity and executive benefits products. Under Empower Retirement, we provide employer sponsored retirement plans as the nation’s second largest retirement plan provider.
The Retirement Consultant delivers personalized consultations detailing solutions best suited to the retirement planning needs of Empower Retirement clients. The Consultant utilizes detailed information on IRA and investment products and has a solid understanding of the qualified plan environment. The successful Consultant likes helping clients achieve their retirement goals, is a self-starter with excellent organizational skills and has a competitive personality. Must be upbeat, ambitious and enjoy a fast paced environment. Responsibilities include both inbound and outbound calls and require excellent follow through with those they are assisting. Empower Retirement offers highly competitive benefits and total compensation packages with the opportunity for monthly incentive compensation. #LI-MV1
• Cultivates relationships with clients by delivering personalized service and responds to a variety of plan and policy-related questions by exhibiting listening, patience, empathy, authenticity, proactivity and perseverance with external and internal customers.
• Relays accurate information and provide clear and concise communication of policies and procedures.
• Retains assets through education and guidance of available plan specific and general distribution options.
• Engages in a dialogue which educates clients in making informed distribution decisions and the advantages of participation in a company sponsored retirement plan or an individual retirement account versus the tax implications of taking receipt of the proceeds from their retirement investments.
• Delivers optimal solutions to clients in every interaction.
Background and Qualifications
FINRA Series 7 and 63 registrations required
Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and professional work experience
• Demonstrated success in sales preferred but not required
• Good working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) and various file manipulation skills on a PC
• Good understanding of IRAs, retirement investment products/services and the qualified retirement plan environment
• Demonstrated experience managing multiple priorities and ability to handle stressful situations and people on a daily basis • Sound written, verbal and presentation skills
• Identifies and solves a range of problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions and assesses each using standard procedures
• Strong consulting skills
• Motivated, self-starter with the ability to learn new information quickly and independently
• Responsible for asset retention via IRA sales and Stay in Plan which drives revenue for the firm.
• Process transactions accurately to manage costs associated with errors.
Normal office environment with majority of time spent working on computer and communicating by phone. Limited, infrequent travel may be
• Manages daily workload, alternating between inbound and outbound calls as needed per the call volume and assigned leads.
Internal contacts: Participant Services, IRA, Brokerage, IRA Ops, Operations, QA, RESC, Relationship Managers, Account Managers
External contacts: Participants, Financial Advisors
Customer Focus: Delivers internal and external customer service excellence
•Exhibits listening, patience, empathy, authenticity, proactivity and perseverance with external and internal customers
•Upholds commitment to delivering optimal solutions, in a timely manner, and balancing customer needs with the best interests of the company
•Maintains a positive approach despite challenges, constraints, and/or customer emotions
Continuous Improvement & Efficiency: Identifies and participates in implementing improvements to products or processes; Demonstrates strong work ethic and personal accountability
•Takes initiative to generate, suggest, and advocate products, processes or ideas that help reduce risk or improve customer handling methods, services, speed, or quality
•Displays accountability for behaviors, work processes and outputs; self-corrects before blaming
•Demonstrates appropriate persistence in finding ways to overcome obstacles or constraints that would otherwise prevent success
•Manages time well and works efficiently, tracks due dates, effectively organizes and prioritizes information, is punctual; accelerates pace as appropriate to urgency
Building Partnerships: Builds collaborative and cooperative relationships; effectively manages conflict
•Finds common ground and builds trust with co-workers, managers, partners, and customers
•Operates with integrity and communicates respectfully in language, writing, and actions
•Shows interest in and supports the success of others; provides encouragement, celebrates wins
•Addresses conflict openly and respectfully; addresses through proper channels
Self-Development: Seeks out and acts on opportunities to expand interpersonal and professional skills
•Demonstrates awareness of, and interest in, developing strengths and growth opportunities
•Proactively seeks and takes advantage of opportunities to enhance and expand interpersonal and professional capabilities
•Sets formal and informal goals to gauge progress and success with Manager
Communicating & Speaking Out: Designs and delivers clear, respectful communications across audiences
•Appropriately adjusts communication type, style, and body language to audience and situation
•Listens to others’ perspectives; conscientiously communicates verbally and in writing with attention to clarity, brevity, perceptual tone, and professionalism; refrains from using 'us and them'
•Speaks up in front of peers and managers to share conflicting ideas or support a point
Adapting to Change: Is open to, acknowledges, manages emotions, and adjusts to changing events and priorities
•Displays a positive approach in the face of ambiguity, change, or lack of resources
•Willingly flexes to take on different responsibilities, learn new technology, follow new processes
•Focuses energy and actions on determining possibilities rather than on lamenting losses
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements: Normal Office Working Conditions
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills.
At Great-West Financial® and Empower Retirement, our more than 5,700 global associates are dedicated to helping customers secure their financial futures. We offer a range of retirement savings products, life insurance, annuities and investment services from offices across the country. If you’re interested in joining a company that enjoys a record of strong performance and is rich in history yet innovative, bold and transformative, then our organization is an outstanding place for you to grow and succeed. We’re an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. We’re also committed to providing a drug-free workplace.
Software Powered by iCIMS