Under direct supervision, responsible for obtaining and processing routine securities pricing and corporate action information for all investment portfolios. Responsible for completing security master file setup on accounting system, including compiling backup, distributing to review group and correcting master file data based on feedback.
1. Obtains and processes securities pricing for daily and monthly valued portfolios. Includes uploading pricing files to vendors, downloading closing and fair value prices and loading into accounting system. Also includes creating fair value pricing impact reports, validating news on
large price variances and maintaining pricing archive files.
2. Obtains, analyzes and processes corporate actions. Includes reviewing custodian reports and Bloomberg for new corporate action information, determining appropriate treatment and entering in
accounting system. Also includes communication with sub-advisors and custodian to ensure proper instructions are received and issues resolved in a timely manner.
3. Completes initial security master file setup, to ensure correct processing in accounting system. Obtains backup from Bloomberg and other sources and route to review group for feedback and/or approvals. Requires communication with multiple departments to coordinate changes and updates to master file data.
4. Reviews bank reports for settled corporate actions and income payments. Investigates differences and communicate with custodian to resolve in a timely manner. Serves as liaison between portfolio
accounting groups and custodian for issues requiring custodian research or responses.
5. Obtains spot rates, paydown factors and base rate updates from vendors and loads into accounting system. Includes analyzing spot rates changes to ensure accuracy and researching for factor and base rate updates.
6. Completes requests for tax documentation from the custodian, including completing new W-9 forms as requested, completing IRS Form 6166 as necessary and completing tax reclaim forms for various countries as needed.
7. Other duties as assigned
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent experience.
Other Preferred Qualifications:
1 year of directly related experience in the investment administration
area of a financial industry firm.
Basic proficiency in MS Office/Excel.
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements: Normal Office Working Conditions
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills.
At Great-West Financial® and Empower Retirement, our more than 5,700 global associates are dedicated to helping customers secure their financial futures. We offer a range of retirement savings products, life insurance, annuities and investment services from offices across the country. If you’re interested in joining a company that enjoys a record of strong performance and is rich in history yet innovative, bold and transformative, then our organization is an outstanding place for you to grow and succeed. We’re an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. We’re also committed to providing a drug-free workplace.
Software Powered by iCIMS