Would you like to be a part of one of America's leading financial services firms? Start your career with us as a Retirement Consultant on our IRA sales team!
Great-West Financial is the nation’s second largest insurer in sales of individual life insurance through banks. We also offer annuity and executive benefits products. Under Empower Retirement, we provide employer sponsored retirement plans as the nation’s second largest retirement plan provider.
The Retirement Consultant delivers personalized consultations detailing solutions best suited to the retirement planning needs of Empower Retirement clients. The Consultant utilizes detailed information on IRA and investment products and has a solid understanding of the qualified plan environment. The successful Consultant likes helping clients achieve their retirement goals, is a self-starter with excellent organizational skills and has a competitive personality. Must be upbeat, ambitious and enjoy a fast paced environment. Responsibilities include both inbound and outbound calls and require excellent follow through with those they are assisting.
What’s in it for you?
We believe that providing our associates with the means to lead healthy balanced lives results in the best possible work performance. As an employee you will be eligible to participate in the following benefits:
• Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
• Paid Volunteer Time
• Paid Annual Leave
• 401K with company match
• Opportunity for monthly incentive compensation
• Cultivates relationships with clients by delivering personalized service and responds to a variety of plan and policy-related questions by exhibiting listening, patience, empathy, authenticity, proactivity and perseverance with external and internal customers
• Relays accurate information and provide clear and concise communication of policies and procedures
• Retains assets through education and guidance of available plan specific and general distribution options
• Engages in a dialogue which educates clients in making informed distribution decisions and the advantages of participation in a company sponsored retirement plan or an individual retirement account versus the tax implications of taking receipt of the proceeds from their retirement investments
• Delivers optimal solutions to clients in every interaction
• Successfully obtain FINRA Series 7 and 63 registrations upon hire
• Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and professional work experience
• Demonstrated success in sales preferred but not required
• Good working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) and various file manipulation skills on a PC
• Good understanding of IRAs, retirement investment products/services and the qualified retirement plan environment
• Demonstrated experience managing multiple priorities and ability to handle stressful situations and people on a daily basis
• Sound written, verbal and presentation skills
• Identifies and solves a range of problems in straightforward situations; analyzes possible solutions and assesses each using standard procedures
• Strong consulting skills
• Motivated, self-starter with the ability to learn new information quickly and independently
Customer Focus: Delivers internal and external customer service excellence
Continuous Improvement & Efficiency: Identifies and participates in implementing improvements to products or processes; Demonstrates strong work ethic and personal accountability
Building Partnerships: Builds collaborative and cooperative relationships; effectively manages conflict
Self-Development: Seeks out and acts on opportunities to expand interpersonal and professional skills
Adapting to Change: Is open to, acknowledges, manages emotions, and adjusts to changing events and priorities
Normal office environment with majority of time spent working on computer and communicating by phone. Limited, infrequent travel may be required.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills.
At Great-West Financial® and Empower Retirement, our more than 5,700 global associates are dedicated to helping customers secure their financial futures. We offer a range of retirement savings products, life insurance, annuities and investment services from offices across the country. If you’re interested in joining a company that enjoys a record of strong performance and is rich in history yet innovative, bold and transformative, then our organization is an outstanding place for you to grow and succeed. We’re an equal opportunity employer dedicated to workforce diversity. We’re also committed to providing a drug-free workplace.
Software Powered by iCIMS